My mamma is one of those people that will always amaze me. She's taught me many things over my lifetime; Some that have gone in one ear and out the other, while others have successfully stayed with me. Now as she gets another year wiser, I'm sure she'll have more to teach me. Actually, she'll probably ALWAYS have something to teach me.
Things I have learned from my mother:
1. Life isn't fair. Whatcha gonna do about it?
2. Families that play together, stay together.
3. Never, ever, under any circumstances, ever, wear flip-flops to church. Always dress classy, not trashy.
4. If you think your life is boring, you're probably a boring person.
5.You can cook almost anything correctly if you FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.
6. You always love your children. You may not always like them, but you never stop loving them.
7. Hard work won't kill you, and neither with healthy food.
8. You don't need to keep everything you've ever had possession of. Some things just need to go.
9. Always take pictures. You can never take too many pictures.
10. Sometimes, eating dinner (meat, cheese, and crackers) on a blanket, while watching TV in Mom and Dad's room, creates the fondest memories.
11. Pedicures are awesome.
12. Scrap-booking can turn an entire room into a jungle.
13. Marriage may be the hardest thing that will ever happen to me, but it will be the most rewarding to be together as a family forever.
14. Kindness matters. Be careful about your temper, or you may just break a heart.
15. The higher the heel, the better. Never underestimate a fantastic pair of shoes.
16. Visit your loved ones as often as you can. They may appreciate it more than you think.
17. Do what you love to do. Sing, dance, be with family. Be your true self. My mom will always accept me for who I am.
18. I'll never stop being her little girl. (And that's OK by me.)
And those are just some of the things I've learned. I can't list everything, and I'm sure more will come to me later, but it's good to know that my mom has taught me many important things in life. I'll always be in debt to her. Hopefully I will be able to be the super-heroine of a mother for my children as she was for me.
I am definatly my mother's daughter. Love her like crazy!!