Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Day 77: Day Before Halloween!

OK. 
I was really excited about my costume today. Like you don't even know. Miss Cassie also got into the spirit of dressing up and played her part as "Tigress" from Kung Fu Panda very well. 











I couldn't find safety goggles, so I had to settle for glasses. I did, however, have all the kids address me as "Dr. Horrible". We even watched some of the video in my Elementary 2 class and learned the "Laundry Day" song. I was quite happy. 













We made ghosts float using our heads. Quite literally. Static electricity, hair, tissue paper, and balloons make for good ghost floating material. My favorite part? The hairstyles. Too cute. 























To start, that tool I'm using in the beginning of the pumpkin carving pictures - its a pen. I took apart a pen that didn't work and used it as a carving tool. Worked pretty well if I do say so myself. I made a Calavera (skull) in honor of Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead). Leslie impressed me by making her very first pumpkin. It's a cyclops ghost by a tomb. The tombstone is in spanish - D.E.P. is the same as R.I.P. She did a good job and we had some good laughs. Yay, sister bonding time! She even spoke english the whole time! Go Leslie.

And that was my day before Halloween. My favorite part of Halloween is the pumpkin carving, which I'm so glad I got to do. :) LOVE PUMPKIN CARVING LIKE CRAZY! I also love Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog like crazy too. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay! pumpkin carving...the miller tradition lives on. i hope you get to do pumpkin seeds too..I just finished our batch. And we had chili and hot dog spiders to boot. Logan even made his rice krispy frankenstine. We fit it all the traditions in on Halloween....Now I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so proud of you Mom! I'm sure logan and the boys really appreciated it all. :)

      Delete