Sunday, November 11, 2012

Day 90: Sunday Reflections

Today, I woke up to the beautiful sunshine coming through my window... And the horror of realizing I slept in too late and could not make it to sacrament meeting. So, instead of hurrying to get to church just to sit through lessons I could not understand, I stayed home and gave myself a little lesson of my own.

I was reading in 2 Nephi, and came across a scripture in chapter 12. Verse 3 reads that, "many people shall go and say, Come ye, and let us go up to the mountain of the Lord, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will teach us of his ways, and we will walk in his paths...". This scripture basically is talking about going to the Temple. I instantly thought about a recent conversation I had with my brother, Chandler. 

I had asked him how his weekend was and he informed me that he went on a road trip to the Boise Temple open house. This means that he got to go into the temple and see inside the rooms before it is rededicated. This was pretty cool and I asked him what else he did on his road trip, thinking that there had to be some other reason to drive that far away. I was a little surprised when he said that was it. After reading the aforementioned scripture though, I felt a little sheepish. Of course that was a good enough reason to drive that far. I know he hates it when people say stuff like this, but I'm so glad he is such a good example. No, he's not perfect, but he's the perfect brother for me. I'm so proud that he has chosen for himself to serve a mission in Omaha, Nebraska. I'm so proud of what a good peacemaker he is. And I'm so proud of his decisions to do good always. You go, Chanoodles. 

It is also Veteran's Day today. My heart goes out to all those serving, all those who are choosing to serve, and all those who have served. I'm so thankful for all they do and how they serve our country. Their families are also in my prayers too, for all their hard work and hardships they go through. 


Happy Sunday and Happy Veteran's Day. Love God and Country like Crazy

No comments:

Post a Comment