Sunday, November 4, 2012

Day 79: Spent all day on a bus

After that awesome Halloween party, we set out the next morning to Taxco. To get there, we had to take a bus to Puebla, then catch another to Cuernavaca, then connect to Taxco. On the way from Puebla to Cuernavaca, the bus was particularly expensive, and lets just say I wasn't too happy about it... Until we actually got on the bus. 

It was awesome.
The seats were HUGE, and so comfy, and reclined into a bed pretty much. So I wasn't as mad about the price anymore. 

We get to Cuernavaca and find that we've got a couple hours before the next bus to Taxco leaves. To pass the time, we wandered.




Of course, being in Mexico, we eventually ran into a church. Here, there were people in the area getting all dressed up for something. It looked interesting so we sat around to find out what it was all about. Turns out, it was a Dia de los Muertos parade! We followed it and very soon were sucked in by these guys in the funny masks and hats. They're called Chinelos, typical Dia de los Muertos dancers. We danced all the way down a street, which was fun for everyone involved. However, the guy seriously would not let go of my waist and kept pulling me closer and tighter. I'm pretty sure he kept asking me to either be his girlfriend, or marry him (neither of which I was interested in). They were funny people though. They kept taking pictures. Some even took some pictures of my eyes. Not the first time that's happened though. It was fun and we eventually escaped their iron grasps and headed for the bus station, in time to catch our ride to Taxco. 

Once in Taxco, it was pretty late, so we got a taxi to take us to the Monastery where we were to stay for the next two nights. Getting into the taxi was crazy cause they weren't regular cars. They were Vochos. If you don't know, Vochos are the equivalent of slug-bugs here. So we had four girls and their luggage in a tiny Vocho. Awesome, right? No, it gets better. 
I hadn't realized that our destination was that far out in the boonies. I'm talking serious country living. So as we're driving to this place, it gets sketchier and sketchier. I'm scared the guy is going to drive out to nowhere and just dump us on the side of the road. Lucky for us, he didn't. The monastery was just that far away. But it was very nice out there. It made me realize how much I miss living like that, out away from the city. Yeah. Definitely missing my country home. The place was super pretty though. 






















The rooms were cool, especially the bathrooms! They were all covered in tile. I'm gonna do a bathroom like that one day. The only thing that I didn't like, was the ENORMOUS spiders. Ok, it doesn't look that big in the picture, but trust me. Those things were too big for comfort. Lucky us, they just hung outside our door and didn't move from their terrifying webs. WOO!

After a really good meal from the nuns (some people said that their food was bad, LIES!), it was time to go to bed. And that was day 79. 

Still love Mexico like crazy!

No comments:

Post a Comment